Travel Learners LLC offers professional tour guidance to southern Africa that includes service learning opportunities as part of each itinerary. We find that trips including volunteerism are memorable and are deeply enriching. The fulfillment gained from giving and sharing with others less fortunate promotes cultural awareness and profound learning in folks of all ages. Travel Learners organizes humanitarian vacations that include leisure time, wild life viewing, and cultural enjoyment within an historical context.
We specialize in:
- Personalized small package trips to Southern Africa
- Theme trips organized around specific interests such as botany, photography, history, environmental studies, and global health.
- Travel for intimate groups such as families, friends, church groups, non-profit organizations and student groups that are limited to 7 – 15 adults plus one or two guides depending on the size of the group. We can accommodate larger groups upon request.
- Tour planning for guests who want to go it alone but need a little assistance along the way
- Ideal for friends and families, church groups, non-profit organizations and student groups that are limited to up to 20 adults.
- Special pricing can be arranged for larger groups
Travel Learners LLC was founded out of a need for Universities and Colleges to offer international service learning opportunities to students to gain credit towards their degrees. As a third party agent, Travel Learners takes the responsibility off the shoulders of instructors and the liability off the institution.
- We have now expanded opportunities to small groups of travelers who would like their adventure tailored to their specific interest.
- Our trips are based around learning opportunities in fields such as botany, arts and culture, public health, history, wildlife, agriculture, and environment.
- We encourage volunteerism through our links with self -help non- profit organizations in southern Africa whose focus is on working with impoverished communities and vulnerable children. This brings you in direct contact with host communities, makes your trip unique and ultimately an experience of a lifetime!
- Your trip can be interspersed with tours to experience wildlife, natural wonders, museums, galleries, markets and some of the great flavors of Southern African cooking. Just let us know what you would like and we can arrange it for you.
- Experience the warmth of a South African handshake from friends for a life time.
Trip Discounts for qualified students – how it works;
We recognize that foreign travel can be quite costly, especially for students; therefore we have developed a way to help those in need of additional finances so as to be able to afford to join a study abroad trip to South Africa. The maximum discount available at this time is $500 per trip, and does not include discounts on any domestic or international air travel. The discount amount available may be divided by up to 3 eligible students.
Eligibility . Only students enrolled in an accredited degree program at a college level educational institution may apply for funds at this time. Applicants need to maintain at least a 3.5 GPA. Students must submit a letter of recommendation from their department chair or advisor. Applicants will be required to submit their applications by the date due without exceptions.
Apply If you are interested in applying for a discount on an upcoming study abroad trip please contact Travel Learners LLC at 608 209-3398 or firstname.lastname@example.org